Hello and bonjour! I’m Juan and I am currently doing a double major in French Studies and Drama Studies. I split my time between studying and living (on residence) in Toronto during the academic year, and living in Kitchener during my summers. Holding leadership positions in two different student unions, the queer-ally group on campus, and residence and working with the university, I’m possibly the world’s biggest extrovert. I love being around people, and getting involved in my communities.
Having been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in July 2012, I found myself visiting someonelikeme.ca and commemoi.ca, to really learn about other youth living with MS, but I haven’t gotten involved with this community, and that’s just not like me. I’m very excited to be part of this website, so I can reach out to other youth with MS, tell my story as a very recently diagnosed university student, and be involved in this community. Some quick facts about me:
1) I love social media! Follow me on twitter at @JuanGarridoGL.
2) I love learning languages. I speak English, French and Spanish, and taught myself some rudimentary American Sign Language.
3) I was born in Guatemala City, Guatemala and since then have lived in 7 different cities, in 3 different countries.
4) I love “Glee” and anything to do with superheros.
5) I have a 7 year old black Labrador named Tommy!