year 1 anniversary

Home Forums 20s and 30s + year 1 anniversary

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Tracey 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Yesterday was my 1 year anniversary of knowing about my MS diagnosis. I remember going to the doctor feeling like she did a test that made absolutely no sense and it was going to show nothing. There was discussion the entire year previous to my diagnosis that my issue was all back/disk related. Instead I was handed a sheet of paper with my MRI results with the words “highly probable MS diagnosis” highlighted.

Its been a difficult life changing year but I am still me and I am OK. Maybe I am a better person for it in some ways (although I would certainly give this disease back in a minute) and I’ve learned much about myself and who I want to continue to be. so its certainly not a happy anniversary but one to be acknowledged since it has changed my life.

November 7, 2011 at 5:34 pm #6839

Lelainia
    Participant

The first year is always the hardest-it’s a huge adjustment physically, mentally and emotionally. You’ve come a long way and it’s always good to acknowledge that.

I agree that while we’d never wish to have MS, it does teach us alot about who we really are. It’s a wake up call, for sure.

I wish you the best possible health as you continue on this journey.

November 9, 2011 at 7:04 pm #6840

Anonymous

Thanks Lelainia

I hope to stay healthy too. Back at you!! Its made me a more observant person and more introspective in many ways. I don’t think I will ever forget D. day.

August 22, 2012 at 4:44 pm #7337

Loribelle
    Participant

Like Lelainia said, the first anniversary of your diagnosis is the hardest. It will ease over time. I can vividly remember the day I was diagnosed as well but it is no longer a painful memory. It is simply the day a new chapter of my life began.

I wish you well as with this disease and know that there are many people out there willing to lend a hand, a shoulder, or an ear!

August 28, 2012 at 9:08 am #7397

F.U.MS
    Participant

I remember the first year being the hardest. Time really does heal. Once I past my 10 anniversary, I stopped counting. I do agree that I think I have become a better person in some ways after being told I have MS. I’m glad your first year is behind you now.

Aaron

September 5, 2012 at 1:31 am #7430

Tracey
    Participant

Its been a while since I wrote this and its interesting to read what I wrote as later this fall marks the end of year 2 with this disease…….Thanks for the comments and passing forward the advice.  I enjoy the blogs and the comments on this site from all of you–Aaron I am glad things are going well for you after surgery.   I was/am extremely tired combined with a few other things at times which makes the fight a little harder but I get up every day (some times not on the schedule I would like to keep) and do something that makes me happy including the time I spend furthering my career.  Living the life I want to live and appreciating the good things despite having higher amounts of stress trying to manage my disease has become more of my focus.   I’ll write more about year 2 another time….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.