School

Home Forums Everyday Life School

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

KaylaS
    Participant

Hey,

I know i ask a lot about school here but for some reason school still seems to be my biggest stress point, it just seems like the minute one stressful thing stops than another one comes bakc even worse then the last one and i mean i am a very strong person but i’m not strong enough to make it through everything on my own, my medical insurance ran out yesterday and i have two pills left i don’t even know what i need to prove that i’m still in school and my mom compeltely forgot about it because her husband wsa in the hospital which i comepltely understand but i’m truely just worried about this because of how many lesions i have gotten in the last couple of years, basically since i was diagnoised but this silly problem is just on the tip of the ice berg for me and none of my stress release ideas are working anymore they are just making me more and more frustated and i’m sick of it and i’m just ready to explode at this point and i know i can’t because i have to be strong. i can’t even r&r (rant and rave) with my brother anymore because he’s been so busy i can’t seem to talk to him anymore

please help :(

April 8, 2012 at 12:11 am #7075

Lelainia
    Participant

Hi Kayla,

I am sorry you are under so much stress right now. It’s tough when you are trying to juggle so much and then things like this happen.

I wondered if you’ve considered a younger person’s MS support group or even having a peer support person to connect with? It sounds like maybe you could use some extra support right now and I am willing to bet if you call your local MS chapter office, they could help. I know for me, having access to both those things help me immensely.

If you don’t have time to go out to a support group, peer support is helpful. What happens is the MS Society matches you up with someone who has MS and who has been trained to provide support by phone. They call you however often you agree upon (or, if you want to, you can call them) and talk about how things are going. I had this when I was in the first year following my diagnosis. My support person was super nice and we really hit it off. We became good friends. It’s nice because you can connect when you need to, without having to leave home.

I wrote about being a member of a Younger Persons support group a few months ago. I have nothing but good things to say about that experience. The girls in my group have become great friends and we’ve all helped one another through so much. It so comforting to know they “get it”. (We laugh just as much as we’ve cried at our meetings.) Having someone to talk to can keep those feeling of stress from building up to the point that it adversely affects your life.

I am glad you spoke up, because it sounds like you needed to. I am glad you are here and I hope that connecting with people here will help you get through the next few days till maybe you can get some of this stuff straightened out. I think at some point or another, we’ve all been there.

Hang in there!

April 11, 2012 at 6:29 am #7076

Tracey
    Participant

Hey Kayla

I cannot remember all the details of past posts (I am sorry for my bad memory) but if you are in university I would suggest going to talk with someone in counseling services its free for students to talk with someone about these things. I think its helpful in managing stress and just having someone who is there to listen to you with no judgement. They can also facilitate remedies in how to manage the issues you are having–i.e. find you the solutions you need to manage some of these things. As for a letter proving you are in school–go to the registrar’s office at the university and make the request–they should provide you with documentation then and there. If nothing else they can print out your web transcripts or fee payment information and stamp them with the official seal–this is often enough evidence that you have paid tuition for the year. I’ve done this before myself.

Being in school and managing all of this is stressful; I know first hand about this….I kind of muddle my way through at times but things seem to fall into place. Hang in there, things will get better. HUGS–I hope you were able to access your medications.

April 18, 2012 at 5:20 am #7077

Tracey
    Participant

hi Kayla

How are you doing?? I was thinking of you today–your last post and I thought it would be good to check in and see if you were OK.

April 24, 2012 at 4:34 am #7078

KaylaS
    Participant

hey,

thanks Tracey, life slowly got better, got all needed paperwork for my meds.

things with school didn’t get worked out but thats alright, i just re did my plan for it

thanks for the caring

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.