FUMS

Home Forums Everyday Life FUMS

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

KaylaS
    Participant

ok so i want to get a tattoo, i know what i want and where i want it.

but i’m not sure i’m ready for it, yes i think i am but i’m so nervous about it at the same time, exspecially after just starting a new drug.

HELP

October 31, 2011 at 1:57 pm #6847

Lelainia
    Participant

Hi Kayla,

What part of it is making you nervous? Are you worried about the pain or just getting a tattoo in general?

I got two after I was diagnosed. One about a year and a half ago (which was a big one, which was my first) and then a small one in August. Funnily enough, I found the smaller one harder to sit for and it bothered me the most afterwards. No idea why, other than perhaps my legs were more numb by the time I got the small one, making my perception of pain not normal. (Thanks MS.)

The first 10 minutes of a tattoo are always the most difficult-after that, it’s been my experience that the brain adjusts and it just becomes a mild annoyance. If you can, take a friend with you for hand holding and make sure you eat something about an hour before you go.

Good luck!

November 1, 2011 at 2:36 am #6848

KaylaS
    Participant

got it done and it looks great, I was scared of the pain but meh i almost feel asleep during getting it done

November 6, 2011 at 2:38 pm #6849

Meghan
    Participant

Good for you Kayla! I had been tattooed before being diagnosed and then after. When I went in for my first one after I was diagnosed, I didn’t even think about having MS until I was leaving and the thought hit me like a ton of bricks. I was astounded that I had just done something completely and utterly without thinking about my disease. It was like I was the person I was years before. It felt amazing to realize that MS isn’t my whole life and I don’t need to think about it all the time.

November 7, 2011 at 5:30 pm #6850

Lelainia
    Participant

So don’t keep us in suspense-what did you end up getting?! :)

November 7, 2011 at 10:22 pm #6851

KaylaS
    Participant

opps sorry Lalainia

I got F.U MS turning anger into hope on my shoulder blade

November 8, 2011 at 2:55 am #6852

Lelainia
    Participant

Oh good for you! YAY!

November 8, 2011 at 11:21 pm #6853

F.U.MS
    Participant

Hey Kayla,

Awesome news! Can’t wait to see your new tattoo!! I just got my new F.U.MS tattoo on my ribs. I’ve done 2 sessions now and I’ll post a pic once it’s finished. I’m pretty sure it”s okay to get tattooed no matter what you’re going through in life. As long as you’re old enough and passionate enough about what you’re getting, go for it. It can be very helpful I find.

a

November 16, 2011 at 7:54 pm #6854

KaylaS
    Participant

I think of my tattoo like this:

Like My MS it probably wont be going anywhere any time soon, and every time i touch my shoulder i remember that its there and i remember that there is hope, even when going through a relapse it helps me remember that i have friends that are there for me to make me laugh and smile through the pain and numbness of it all :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.