Exciting News!

Home Forums Everyday Life Exciting News!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Lelainia 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Lelainia
    Participant

So I don’t know if those of you in Canada are aware, but 2011/2012 marks the 25th Anniversary of Rick Hansen’s Man In Motion tour. To celebrate, there is a 25th anniversary relay that is running across Canada right now. It started in the Maritimes and has been moving westward. Today was the last day in Ontario. There is a special medal to commemorate the anniversary, that is being passed, much like an Olympic torch as it crosses our country. The Rick Hansen Foundation has been selecting Canadians who make a difference in their communities to take part in the relay.

More info about it is here: http://www.rickhansenrelay.com/en/about-the-relay.aspx

Anyway, the point of telling you all this is that I got an email on Wednesday night saying that I have been selected as a Difference Maker and will be carrying the medal in my community in BC in late May! I am deeply honoured to be chosen for this once in a lifetime opportunity and *SO* excited because I admire Rick Hansen so much and have wanted to meet him for a very long time. Now I will finally have the chance!

Anyway, I wanted to share this with you all. I will be walking, not running-I think if I ran, I’d land flat on my face. (You know how that goes!) Hopefully one of my friends who is talented with a camera will be able to attend, so I’ll have some photos to share when it’s all said and done.

January 14, 2012 at 6:36 pm #7002

KaylaS
    Participant

OM Goodness! congrats on that, i wish i could see that, i don’t even know when its coming to my city in BC

January 14, 2012 at 7:03 pm #7003

Lelainia
    Participant

Thanks! If you go to the website and click on “Celebration communities” it tells you where and when. I believe it reaches BC in March and will finish up in the Lower Mainland in May.

January 17, 2012 at 12:05 am #7004

Trina
    Participant

Great news, Lelainia! Congrats!!

January 19, 2012 at 3:08 pm #7005

dancin
    Participant

congrats :)

January 21, 2012 at 7:47 pm #7006

Footsteps
    Participant

Congratulations! That is awesome news! So exciting for you! and I totally want to see pics!

January 25, 2012 at 5:51 pm #7007

Tracey
    Participant

Congrats, pictures would be great!

January 27, 2012 at 2:23 pm #7008

Lelainia
    Participant

Thanks everyone! I will report back after it happens. (Late May.)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.