Daughter of a mom with MS – I don't know what to do…

Home Forums Family Member/Friend with MS Daughter of a mom with MS – I don't know what to do…

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chimera 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • December 30, 2017 at 4:36 am #14541

Found this place by googling “my mom has MS”… so let’s see how that goes…

My mom is in her late 50s. She’s always had health problems, cervical cancer in the past (it was a nightmare) and now an MS diagnosis. She’s taking medication (I think corticosteroids of some sort) which numb the MS symptoms and pain but cause other chaos with her heart and blood pressure. As soon as she lowers the dosage, she gets severe joint pain in various places, blurry vision, leaky eyes, etc.

I know it’s chronic, and I know it will get worse. What I don’t really know is what to do. I’m TERRIFIED that one day my mom will completely lose the ability to see, walk or think. She has told me “If this ever happens to me, please find a way to end it”, which is something I am not ready to face even as a thought.

I guess… I need some kind of emotional support on this, advice of some sort. I feel like I’m 10 years old.

Thank you.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.