Unfortunately like most pregnant women, time flies!! I thought I would have more time than I actually did to do nothing but blog – this obviously wasn’t the case.
Of course I realize that every pregnant woman has their struggles, and every MS patient has their personal struggles with being pregnant (or not pregnant for that matter). Here is what I discovered:
- Never did I imagine that pregnancy & MS attacks would present themselves the same way!
- The fatigue you feel when you have MS is doubled when you start growing a human in your body!
- The great thing; when your legs go numb – it MAY be MS, it may be pregnancy … either way, it doesn’t much matter … you just deal with it
- There are times when the diet you worked so hard to help your MS goes out the window and your cravings win, guilt-free!
- Your illness MAY go into remission, it may not … you deal with it either way, just like before …
- Your illness may NOT go into remission, there are options – don’t panic.
I can say this; I have been pregnant for almost 9 months now (baby is set to arrive any day now), and I have been fortunate. Yes I have been beyond tired, but my MS has stayed in remission the whole time.
It’s amazing how I spent so many years NEVER trusting my body anymore b/c I always felt it failed me … I felt my immune system turned it’s back on me, and now that I’m raising a child inside me and getting ready for one of the hardest most strenuous things I’ve ever done (give birth), I’m happy to say I trust my body. My body went into remission and allowed me to give this baby a healthy environment, and I finally can say that for the first time in 9 years, I trust my body again … and It feels amazing!
Funny what you find out about yourself … always learning! 🙂