There Is No Limit

Written by on March 26th, 2013 – 6 Comments

My name is Owen and I have MS. You are not alone or even limited as to what you can do. I have done stuff that would put most people to shame. I went sky diving. It was mind blowing and so much fun – everyone should do it because it gives you a new respect for life. At the bottom of this you will see the link to my Youtube video of my sky dive.

Anything is within your realm of possibility – if there is a will to do it, there is a way. I thought at one point my life was over because I used to be active. I played every sport in the book (not all at the same time). I loved to spend time at the local conservation area. If I wasn’t down there, I was with the Army Cadets where I was the head cadet. So you can imagine how devastated I was at learning that I would be in a wheelchair.

Then I learned it was not me I was upset about but rather my capabilities. It took some time as all change does but I overcame it as you can too.

1. danben says:

That’s a good positive message Owen to instill in mind,body and soul even when the MS attempts to hold us back.I too am in a wheelchair but I prefer to stay grounded for I am deathly scared of heights. Other varying physical tests can be accomplished from sheer will and determination also emotionally I try to ignore the experts like the neuros who have told me I will get worse and I say there is no limits set by other peoples opinions about my MS condition, those who have MS only know what they can and cannot do and thru positivity and staying active I myself will defy the experts.

• owen says:

thats a geat way to be

• zachery says:

that sinks I have ms I was diagnosed at the age of 8 and I am now 16 but the thing I life is to knew any thing is possible as long as you put your mind to it . I draw and play two instruments in band I am in my first year in high school. what do you do that is fun

2. zachery says:

sounds like fun my name is Zachery and I am in band I play clarinet and in jazz band bass guitar I was diagnosed wen I was 8 and now I an 16 first year in high school. looking to get a start in game dizining and drama club

3. zachery says:

4. zachery says:

I have something to share the one thing that helps me with ms is knowing that my friends don’t get the understanding of ms and that it affects the bran and I tell them that and the word ms what is ms they all say well ms is a dieses that affects the bran how well you can remember past events and some you cant maybe that’s good maybe not.